CHRIST CHURCH MANSFIELD
CHURCH PLANTING GROWTH PLAN
Our current status and plan for growing into a church planting church are twofold:
Create and Constantly Cultivate a Culture of Multiplication
- Leadership Development (Pipeline) and Multiplication of Groups.
- Focus on New Members Class (three times a year), State of Church/Vision sermon series (annual), and Weekly Gatherings (Offering, Pastoral Prayer, Connections Team).
Intentionally and Strategically Drive Toward Church Planting
- Develop leaders and Group clusters to start new services, sites/congregations, and churches in areas of opportunity in Mansfield, DFW, and beyond (regional, national, global).
- Teach missional and multiplication values from the pulpit and every other communication source.
- Financially and prayerfully, adopt and support church planters through our network and local opportunities as a church (PCA/Southwest Church Planting Network, Acts 29).
Timeline Based Steps
- Year 1 (2018-2019)
- Develop Leadership Team and Local Elders/Session shaped with this value.
- Assess and redefine your church missions strategy/philosophy as Leadership/Elder Team.
- Allocate a percentage of the annual budget to missions and especially church planting. Commit 10% to Church Planting: network, churches, vision and leader development.
- Year 2-5 (2019-2023)
- Collaborate with other churches in supporting church planters (PCA and Acts 29).
- Adopt and support an existing church planter (PCA and Acts 29).
- Develop leaders locally (Leadership Pipeline: Community Group > Elder Candidate) for multiplication – locally, regionally, nationally, and or globally.
- Hire staff with the aim of equipping and strengthening the church for multiplication, with the potential to send them out to plant in the future.
- Bring on a church-planting resident with a future church planter.
- Year 6-10 (2023-Beyond)
- Continue church-planting residencies with future church planters.
- Concrete plans to plant churches in South/Central DFW specifically.