As a member of the Presbyterian Church in America and Southwest Church Planting Network, we hold to a thorough set of doctrinal standards in the Reformed tradition, the Westminster Confession of Faith along with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
In our own words:
- We believe that first and foremost, God is God and we are not (Genesis 1-2, Psalm 115:3).
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is reliable and authoritative in all matters of faith and life (2 Timothy 3:15-17, Psalm 119:104-106).
- We believe there is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; perfect unity and community (John 1, Matthew 3:13-17).
- We believe that all are sinners in need of God’s grace and mercy found only in the cross of Christ and left to our own devices, we will choose anything and everything else but God for life and happiness (Romans 1-3, Genesis 3).
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as an act of His free grace given to us in the gospel of Jesus Christ (Galatians, Romans 3-11).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death on the cross, atoned for the sins of all who trust in Him alone for salvation (Philippians 2:1-10, Galatians).
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as a community of faith (Genesis 12-50, Acts 2).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and ability to trust Christ and follow Him (Romans 6-8).
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself, and complete the work He is currently doing in redeeming, renewing, and restoring all things to Himself (Colossians 1-2, Revelation).
- We believe that all aspects of our lives – relationships, sexuality, vocations, and recreations; wherever and with whomever we live, work and play – are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- We believe that the role of any Christian is to make it easy for others to believe in God. We cultivate this in our lives through personal and corporate worship, living life with others as a church and in our local community, and by being purposeful and serving with missional intentionality everywhere we live, work, play, and worship (Acts, Philippians).